SHELIE BEST – Race Director
• 1985 – Present – City of Penticton
• 1989 – Skaha Lake Ultra Swim Finisher
• 1990 – Western Canada Summer Games Silver Medal – Women’s Soccer
• 1985 – 2008 – Lifeguard with Ironman Canada
• 2009 – Present – Ultraman and ULTRA520K Canada Swim Captain
• 2010 – 2015 – Boston Pizza Jr. Triathlon Swim Captain
• 2012, 2013 – Penticton Indoor Triathlon Race Director
• 2013 – Challenge Penticton Finisher
• 2014 – Present – Penticton Triathlon Club President
• 2014 – Great White North Half Finisher
• 2014 – Rattlesnake Island 7km Swim Finisher
• 2014 – Present – Race Director Splash N Dash Series
• 2016 – Victoria 70.3 Finisher
• 2017 – Skaha Lake Ultraswim Race Director
Shelie has worked for the City of Penticton for 32 years, starting as a Lifeguard in 1985. From 2002 – 2010 Shelie was the Aquatic Coordinator, and now holds the role of Recreation Coordinator for Facilities and Parks. Shelie has always enjoyed being involved in Sport; participating, volunteering and organizing.
Chad Bentley is an avid endurance athlete, husband and father to his 2 beautiful girls. Chad has completed multiple iron and ultra distance triathlons. Chad trains and calls Penticton home for a large part of the year. Chad is proud member of the locally owned and operated Ultra 520 family.
Matt is excited to be part of the newly launched Skaha Lake Ultra Swim team! He’s a 7x Ironman Canada and Challenge Penticton finisher who loves to swim, bike and run in and around the beauty of the South Okanagan.
For 30 years he’s been the voice behind a few of the world’s popular cartoon characters, like Raphael in the Ninja Turtles, to currently playing Ton Ton on Dino Trux, for DreamWorks seen on Netflix.
Matt’s passions also run deep for the long-term health of our kids and the Planet. In 2009 he and his friend ran 11,000 miles across Canada and around America on a tour called Run for One Planet. Matt is a big believer in the power of the human spirit to move beyond challenges, through sport with a mission – he speaks to youth around the world on the tour and dream building for young leaders who want to change the world.
You’ll also find Matt crewing for amazing athletes along the Ultra520 course and getting his swim up to
the distance to tackle the magic 11.8K Skaha Lake Swim – in time for this summer’s re-launch.
Steve King has a B.Sc. degree in Health and Human Services and is a Registered Clinical Counselor.
He is an avid runner and triathlete who has held six national age group records, has raced at Ironman and Ultraman triathlon distances and has been a member of Canada’s national 100km team. In 2001 he became only the second Canadian ever to finish the 135 miles Death Valley race.
Steve was the publisher of ‘Tri-Fit Quarterly’, a national triathlon magazine, author of a triathlon training log and a CBC colour commentator for the sport of triathlon. He is also a well known race announcer for a number of events both nationally and internationally.
Steve was the original founder of the Skaha Lake Ultra Swim in 1985.